sick and pregnant HELP

It started 2 days ago with a sore throat which progressed into complete congestion in my head i even sound congested, i went to bed last night with a dry cough, which is now turned into a hacking cough (as the day progressed it started to accumulate phlem in it). My nose is still runny, but when i go to blow it nothing comes out and its so dry that the tissue is bloody. The cough is persistant, and honestly its all making me miserable, besides cough drops is there ANY medicine I can take to relieve my symptoms and possibly sleep through a night? (this is my first pregnancy), thank you.

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 8:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• Ask the pharmacist. They should be able to recommend something. I use to have list but am not sure where it is! Sorry.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• im pretty sure sudafed is safe, but i recomend going to the doc
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• drink lots of peppermint tea; it is a natural decongestant.
    make a syrup from honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory
    if your fever goes over 101, call your doctor
    drink lots of liquids
    steam your face with a towel and a sink
    flush your sinues with a neti pot

feel better soon!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Drink fluids often. I know that drinking warm tea with honey and lemon seems to work for me on the coughing.. I am not sure on the stuffy nose.. If you have a humidafier get it filled and plugged in, that can help with the cough and stuffy nose too. You can call the pharmacy and or talk to your doctor as they will be able to help you and maybe give you something to help with the congestion. It is never any fun to be pregnant and sick.. I hope that you are not going through morning sickness with this, as that would be just awful! Get plenty of sleep as much as you can. :)
    Neeters1

Answer by Neeters1 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009