2012...the movie

Saw a preview for it today at the theater.
http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/
There's a clicky there for the trailer.
While I have absolutely no belief in the whole 2012 thing, the movie looks awesome. And I'd like to see how Cusak does in the action hero role. Will you go see it? And if not will it be because of religious reasons or just not your thing reasons?
It looks like they're sticking strictly with the Mayan Calendar angle, no mention of the bible or the polar shifts.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• New song....party like its 2011
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh I will go see it just to see if Cusak and pull off the action roll and to see all the special effects.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am a Christian and strongly believe in everything the Bibile says..
    the Bible states [not in the exact words] that no man will be able to predict the end of the world..
    therefore, that whole 2012 thing is bullshit and really urks me that some people can actually believe that!!
    =)
    so I guess, no, I would'nt go see it ..
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 8:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'll go just to see Cusak...*sigh*..... :)
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 8:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't believe in that hoopla but i really want to see the movie it looks really good.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I will add that I just watched the trailer, and I have to admit it does look pretty good..
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 8:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Nahhh. I'm kind of over the whole "end of the world" scenario-type movies. I was highly into Roland Emmerich's stuff (Day After Tomorrow) when I was in high school, but it's just not that appealing to me now.

I absolutely cannot WAIT for 2013 to get here. I've been waiting for it since I first heard about the Mayan calender shit in 6th grade. I'm sick and tired of everyone freaking out about it, yanno? It'll consume you if you're not extremely careful. I bought into it last year and now I kick myself for it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I agree with Cait. It gets old. I havent seen a trailer, but I'll probably wait for it to come on dvd unless its something hubby wants to go see.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I will definitely go see it! I love Cusak for one, and I love any movie that has lots of destruction in it, for two.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009