selling wic

Is it wrong to sell leftover WIC? Am I breaking the rules? I sell the rice everytime because my baby hates it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes, it is wrong!! why sell it when your getting it for free.. Please consider donating it to a food pantry.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i see people sell it on craigslist all the time. i think its better to give it away than sell it i mean you got it free too! why should they have to pay
    Anonymous

• Well if were me i would just give it away, because you got it for free right? BTW you can tell wic, you kid don't like the rice cereal and they can change it to something else.
    Anonymous

• I also agree. If you get it for free and really feel you cannot use it you should give it to someone who needs it. But I don't know if it's against the rules; I imagine they wouldn't look too fondly on that, though.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Its not only wrong, its illegal and if you're caught you can get your benefits taken away and unable to ever apply for WIC again.
    Anonymous

• The WIC office will tell you to just not buy what you don't need or the child won't eat.
    Anonymous

• It is wrong. You got something for free and are now expecting to sell it. But people do it all the time I suppose. It is, although, against the wic rules but I don't know what measures they would take if they were to find out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• actually yeah it is illigal....
    if you dont want it dont get it, or just give it to a mommy you know could use it
    Anonymous

• And also, if you don't want something that is on the check just don't get it and tell the cashier that you don't need the missing items.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It's in your folder that that's against the rules and if you get caught they will sever you from the program. If you don't want it just don't get it. You don't have to get everything on the coupon every week. There are many weeks I skip the eggs because we have to many.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009