Cats in the crib

Does anyone know how to keep a cat out of the baby's crib? I have a cat that keeps trying to get in. I bought a netting that drapes over the crib and she still finds away in. Has anyone had this problem?

LovinMyNewborn

Asked by LovinMyNewborn at 8:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• yeah throw the cat out side
    Anonymous

• Lock the cat out of the room, is all I can think of since you've already tried covering the crib.

Answer by Bmat at 8:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• yes i did...i trained mine with a squirt bottle...they learned quick...of course dont squirt the baby...mine liked to sleep in the crib when the baby was out---so thats when they got squirted...They were terrified of the baby and wouldnt go near her, which was a good thing...good luck!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• All I can say is keep the door shut or the cat outside. I guess you could try squirting it with water everytime you see it in there, but that doesn't always work and some people think that's mean...
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My cat never jumped in the crib, but I always keep my son's door shut when I leave the house, just in case the cat decides he wants to roam around in there.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yep. Our cats arent allowed in the kids rooms. Keep the door shut
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We keep the door shut.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My cats are not allowed in the baby room.

They do make Crib Tents that are safe for the baby and will keep the cats out.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4726174

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 9:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• He was interested a in trying a few times before his baby brother was born. I just removed him each time. He wasn't nearly as interested after. My mother had made a blanket for the baby, and ended up having to make one for Roach, too, so I put Roachie's on the twin bed that was in my son's room, and if he was ever in there with us long enough to settle down, he'd go get on his blanket to snooze.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• One of those clear floor mats used under rolling computer chairs. Put it upside down so the little spiky things face up.

tin foil

Water bottle

Shake a can of pennies at the cat
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2009