• In the Spotlight:

Will the hospital provide baby items during our stay?

During and after delivery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What VintageWife said, My hospital put 2 packages of diapers and 2 things of wipes on my sons bassinet after he was born, I opened both of them and my nurse was nice enough to give them to me. Be sure to grab them though, otherwise they will just throw them out. I also had them give me 2 extra pacifiers (even though my son didn't take one at all) and they also sent me home with 2 cases of bottles/formula. It was awesome. Also grab the lotion and baby wash if you don't like I said they will just toss it (and you're paying for it anyway, so why not?)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• mine did so id think so
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My hospital provided diapers, ointments, lotions, and shampoos. They also had some clothes they put on my son as well. They will also send anything you use home with you (short of linens). If you can get a nurse to let you bring home a ball syringe and some chucks pads do it! The chucks are a life saver for the postpartum bleeding.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• our hospital provided everything we needed until we were discharged. Our nurse even snuck a package of diapers in our baby's go home bag along with some nipples and graduated nursers (our son was preemie and it was darn near impossible to find anything for preemies in our area) They wouldnt even let us put our own clothes on him until we were going home. Thats all you need is an outfit to go home in
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• yes, they provide, diapers, pre-made formula, and many other things.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• diapers, a white onsie a blanket, bath items formula if being bottle fed, and a bottle or two- Mine provided everything needed PLUS some, sent me home with a fully stocked diaper bag. with diapers, formula samples, lyscol, wipes and much much more.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• oh yeah adn try adn con them into giving you a couple extra pairs of the super stretchy panties they are amazing and you will cry when you dont have anymore LOL
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Beck "The chucks are a life saver for the postpartum bleeding."

thanks! OP
    Anonymous

• If you don't like the pad's they provide for post-partum bleeding, I recommend the Always Overnights (the huge purple ones). I loved them and they kept leaks to a bare minimum.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 9:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• katie "oh yeah adn try adn con them into giving you a couple extra pairs of the super stretchy panties they are amazing and you will cry when you dont have anymore LOL"

I'll try. ;-) OP
    Anonymous