In your opinion what's a great small breed dog that's great with children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• corgis they are awesome!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• boston terrier
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm not a small dog person, before I had James we had four Great Danes. Now we have one Dane who is great with him and we just got a Yorkie. We got her at 5 months and she is great with him. The only thing that worries my is that she's so small (3 pounds) and he's so ruff. But they are a team Hurricane James and tropical storm Kiwi. I think any dog will do just fine as long as you train it and show the child how to treat that dog.
    Lesli310

Answer by Lesli310 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• None of them, they're all nasty little bastards!  

Anonymous

• It's not really a breed thing. It's about the individual dog's temperament. Take the kiddo(s) to the breeder and play with the whole litter. One or two will always stand out from the crowd. We have a toy poodle. I've known toys that are nippy with kids. Ours LOVES them. He goes nuts every time he's around kids. If we have him out and a kid walks by he whines to go play with them.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have dachshunds, but I do not recommend them or any other small dog with a child.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• small dogs are NOT good with children. i had a yorkie and it took 4 years for her to get along with my little cousin. small dogs dont like babies becasue they want to BE the babies.
    Anonymous

• an english bulldog and i want one so freakin bad!!! its the only dog my daughter will pet
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have a Golden retriever although they are not classified as a small dog, Mine is pretty small. They are wonderful with kids. Most toy breeds are not appropriate for small children. i would look for a medium size dog, and just get the smallest in the litter. A lot of the times the runt turns out to be the sweetest.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 1:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Never had any problems with my toy poodles and kids.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 7:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2009