• In the Spotlight:

another potty training question.

i stopped trying to potty train my son for a while, thinking one day he would magically just want to go potty on the toilet all the time. but this didn't work. the only time he actually WANTS to go potty is right before he takes a bath and he's naked. my son is 2 1/2 and i wanted to put him in pre-school when he was 3 but it looks like that won't be happening since most of the pre-schools around here require the child to be potty trained. i really don't know what to do, since trying to get him to go is such a fight!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 9:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 19 months and the trick that worked for me is letting him wear his underwear. When he had an accident he didn't like the feeling. I sat him on the potty and explained that big boys pee in the potty and that takes away the yucky feeling. We have been completely day trained for 2 weeks now, which isn't long, but a big step.
    MommyMeli07

Answer by MommyMeli07 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i did try the regular underwear last time but it didn't seem to work. he just peed all over the floor.. every single time. and it got really aggravating having to clean it up several times a day.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 9:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• why dont you let him run around naked? my son didnt feel the urget to go because of clothes or pull ups so i just stayed home for a couple days with towels and newspapers and when he saw the pee coming out. he started trying to put it in the potty after two weeks he did it.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 9:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009