Is it normal from the birth control or is this serious?

I got the IUD "copper T" birth control put in me about a
Month ago. Lately I been having this dark brown goo snot like stuff coming out of my vagina. Along with dark brown discharge. I've already gotten my period. But it's been like this for a few weeks now. It doesn't smell. But it's almost like when I was pregnant with the muscus plug texture. Anyone know what's going on with me? Normal or nahhh????!!! I have birth 3 months ago and still breast feedig...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• They still use copper? Thats weird I got an IUD that is plastic called Mirena.
    Anonymous

• Anon there are 2 types of IUD. The copper one (Paragard) which is breastfeeding safe and hormone free as well as the Mirena which is plastic and uses hormones. Mirena carries a slight risk to the breast milk supply and there have also been numerous lawsuits against the makers.

OP I would call the OB about it. It could be anything from crazy periods to infection.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• OP here, but dark brown??? I've never heard of a period being dark brown :(
    Anonymous

• It can happen. Brown usually means old blood.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009