looking to buy a new car, which one is safe and economical for my family?

I've been searching for a new car lately, but wanted a few opinions from you guys first. I want something safe, yet economical on gas and what-not. I've seen above for the hybrid, that looks nice, but is it affordeable in this time of economic crisis we are going through at the moment? I don't want to be picky, but I have to think about my family's needs as well. I have to go to dialysis treatment 3 times a week, my husband works nights and then there is grocery shopping, doctors appointments and so on and so forth. So please, opinions are welcome.

Oldcrone687

Asked by Oldcrone687 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• go to consumerreports.org and see the testing results

Answer by admckenzie at 9:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• How many children do you have? We have a toyota yaris sedan at the moment. We are looking into another car also.On my list are: nisssan rogue,pontiac vibe,toyota matrix,honda fit(mall) or a pris....lol...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla. I am currently getting between 38 to 42 MPG. It's comfortable, has a big trunk for groceries, inexpensive to insure, and was reasonably priced.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Honda civic or toyota prius. Both very good cars that will last you a long time!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2009