Now that Walter Cronkite has died

Can we please never have to hear about MJ ever again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We can only hope.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• no offense but what does his death have to do with MJ?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yeah well he wasn't my favortie person ya know the way he portrayed viet nam and all.RIP
    Anonymous

• Walter Cronkite was the voice on TV from my childhood. Hearing him sign off every evening "and that's the way it was" There was something soothing about him being on. Perhaps he was one of few stable things in my life during those years. His view may not have always been popular but he always told it the way it was. No scandals mar his name personally or professionally. He was in fact truly 'the most trusted man in America' as the polls once said.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• your a confusedhypocrite....as you say lets not talk about MJ, your the one who is bringing it up??!!!!!

Anonymous

• I can't believe you used the two names in a sentence
    Anonymous

• I can't say that I saw him report on MJ
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It's sad because first Paul Harvey earlier this year, and now Walter Cronkite. There was something comforting about them both. And I certainly hope we hear more about Cronkite now and much, much less about MJ. Besides there's better stuff to talk about other than MJ. The 40th anniversary of the landing on the moon, 40th anniversary of Woodstock... my 40th birthday... oh wait, I guess no one cares about that, sorry. Anyway, I would like the media to pay respects to Cronkite and leave the whole MJ things alone now.

Anonymous

• There's a poignancy about his death happening on the 40th anniversary of the moon shot, since he was so enthusiastic about space.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yeah well he wasn't my favortie person ya know the way he portrayed viet nam and all.RIP ------------

Viet Nam was a war WE couldnt /didnt/werent allowed to WIN. Walter Cronkite didnt PORTRAY the war. He reported on it, the same WAY the rest of the media did. He didnt INTERJECT his OPINIONS into the NEWS like some do now.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 9:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2009