What do I put in my hosptial bag?

besides the obvious, comfy clothes, clothes for baby, hair care and what not-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't take anything. The hospital provided everything

Answer by admckenzie at 9:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Pack a few outfits for the baby to bring home and pictures in. I say a few bc you wont know exactly the size until the baby is out. Bring some pj's and slippers and two outfits for yourself ...if you dont get out of your pjs you'll need something comfy to wear home. Bring a toothbrush,hairbrush,razor if you plan on shaving, and a towel. Hospitals tend to have small towels. My first child i was unprepared so I had nothing an my husband bought up and outfit. My second child I was prepared about two weeks ahead of time. I also bought will me a telephone number book to let ppl know the new one was born.Oh yah and i also packed some change so i could walk down to the vending machine for a snack. Good luck and congrats.
    mpoohdinky04

Answer by mpoohdinky04 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• lanolin for your nipples, a hair tie, chapstick, camera and batteries, laptop if you are a CM addict like me lol, and your baby book if you do those.

I also brought some nursing gowns I found at target for $3 and my own robe.

For my daughter I brought some t shirts for her and her cloth diapers. It was January and -45 with the wind chill so we needed something super warm for her.

Oh and the carseat DUH lol.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I made sure during my last I took something to listen to my music. Helped me relax during pains and in between. then just all the rest of the normal stuff.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009