• In the Spotlight:

when did u pack ur hospital bag? an wat did u put in it?

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow, reading everyone else's makes me giggle. i packed mine a month before my due date because i got in a fight with my hubby and it made me feel better doing something that i thought was productive and he thought was not that important. better than seeing how many names i could call him anyway. i have 2 bags bc my hospital told me to have one small one to carry from room to room and then one big one with all the other crap that i will need after birth. in my little bag i put cards, chapstick, paper and pen, a list of numbers, 5 bucks in dollars and quarters, some hard candies, a cd i want to listen to, some movies i might want to watch bc my room has surround sound and a dvd player, footies, my comfy robe, a blow up back pillow so it will be exactly how big i want it when i want it and blowing into something might help me, scented bubbles my students gave me. my big bag has clothes and toiletries- still waiting on him to pack
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I packed my bag the day I went into the hospital. My MD to my child 2 weeks early so he told me to go home that morning around 11 and be at the hospital at 4 that afternoon. I packed and outfit for the baby, clothes for me to wear home a rob and slippers a few personal hygiene items that they will provide at the hospital but I wanted my own
    Lesli310

Answer by Lesli310 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think I packed mine about 2 weeks before my due date and I put pajamas, underclothes, tooth brush, shampoo, pads, hair brush, makeup, etc. I unfortunately was quite unorganized the first time so I ended up going into labor with my bag not completely packed and it was not fun. The hospital didn't have some of the stuff I'd forgotten so make sure you pack everything you think you might need maybe even a month before hand. Good luck.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I packed waaaaay early and just left it in my car.

the number one thing that I was glad that I had was my comfy pillow from home. Hospital pillows STINK. That's my best advice. You may also want to bring one for hubby since he could be there for a while with you and he won't have a proper bed AND they may not let him use even a crappy hospital pillow.

I packed clothes to labor in BUT I didn't wear them because I didn't want to get them gross (labor is gross) so I just wore the johnny coat from the hospital. Pack some clothes to wear after the baby is born though because it will do wonders for making you feel like a normal person again! Just pack one outfit though. If you need more then someone can go pick it up for you and bring it to you,

I also pack a clean t-shirt for hubby and so clean underwear for him. We spent a LONG time in labor and I'm glad he had some fresh things to put on!

CHAPSTICK was a must.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I didn't get to pack the diaper bag. LOL baby came a little too fast...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I packed and re-packed so many times! LOL
    Packing my husband's clothes, the toiletries, and other such things was no problem. My two main packing issues came in the form of (a) deciding on a comfy, yet decent looking outfit for me to leave the hospital in (leggings were my friend), and (b) choosing one outfit out of so many cute ones to bring her home in!
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I packed my bag (with both pregnancies) at 8mo and put it in the trunk of my car at 9mo. Thankfully with my first pregnancy it was already in my trunk because I was unexpectedly induced at 36wks.... it's currently in my trunk awaiting baby #2!!!

I packed a robe (it can get cold) and slippers.... a few pairs of PJ's to wear after baby is born, an outfit to wear home, toiletries (a must), money for vending machines, breast pads (even though I didn't breastfeed, still got leaky), an outfit for baby to wear home.... try to think of what you use in a day's time and decide whether or not that is something that you'd need at the hospital... or you can go online to several different sites and look up "What to pack for the hospital" lists.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 11:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• 39 wks preg and still haven't packed my shit! :/ I'm finally on maternity leave and will start doing so immediately. I hav been to the hospital twice and one thing I will bring is 2 pillows, socks, slippers, make up, toothbrush, wipes (cause I hate just wiping with toilet tissue), baby outfit, maybe pack of diapers (just in case), lotion, deodorant, gum, laptop (to tell everyone on myspace, lol). I can't think of anything else.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 1:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009