CASTOR OIL

DOES IT REALLY WORK? THOSE OF YOU WHO USED IT I WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORY

ALLIE637

Asked by ALLIE637 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope it did not work for me. i can tell you though-i know you are growing impaitent and tired of being pregnant but the baby will not come until its ready. sorry
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• well, it can cause the baby to pass meconium, which baby could breath in and die-or just give you massive shits, and still not cause labor- But HEY if you want to risk your baby's health, go for it!

Anonymous

• I wouldn't do it for the meconium possibility...... and I hear it tastes disgusting and doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZHkmjUZs3E
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 9:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• calm down ladies..................... I used it I drank a half of bottle just plug your nose and do it dont smell it first though I did it with 4 kids and they are fine Good Luck

Anonymous

• Bad idea. Don't do it.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• WOW ANNON 8:41 JUST ASKING A QUESTION.... ITS OKAY CALM DOWN... DAMN PEOPLE FREAK OUT ON HERE OVER A QUESTION..
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It did not work for me....it tastes horrible and all it does is give you the runs...no baby!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It will just give you diarrhea and in large doses can cause some complications. It's a very bad idea.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• LOL people kept telling me not to use it. But I was desperate to get the baby out. I used it and got really sick from it. As much as I wanted the baby out and tried almost everything, I decided to let the baby come out on her own. I thought I was gonna be pregnant forever. I honestly felt so selfish trying to get her out. She came 2 days late, and born at 5lbs 6 oz
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I was in latent labor for a week before I was finally induced (would not normally do so, but there were special circumstances, and I was already well past my due date). My doctor did two membrane sweeps and nothing came of it! I tried the castor oil thing a few days before my induction. I actually found a tasteless castor oil, but I think the lack of ANY flavor made it worse. It felt like I imagine it would to swallow lubricant.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009