Plant & Aminal Spirits...

I was answering polls the other day. And there was one about vegitarianism. One lady said she was vagitarian because she believes that animal's have souls.

Now, I also share this belief. However, I also believe that plants have souls or spirits as they too are living things.

What do you think? And if you believe that animals do NOT have souls do you think we do, since at the core, we are animal??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe that animals have a soul. I also believe that we were created as carnivors as well as herbivors.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I believe that plants have energy. I know animals have souls but I'm betting that mosquitoes DON'T!! Insects have energy but no souls. The soul of my cat visits me on occasion, but my hamster doesn't. I don't expect to know for sure until I'm there, but I am hoping that all those spiders I sent into the afterlife didn't or I'm not crossing over!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I believe that we are all part of the same spirit. Therefore, if we have souls, then so do every other living thing on this earth, plants, animals, bugs, spiders, fish and so on. That is why you should always have respect for everything.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 10:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• we all (every living thing) have energies.. that CAN be left behind.. there are studies that prove this. (see the author Joshua Warren, or pm me).. energies are how I define a soul.. some connect to natural elements thus replaying, others retain memories and can linger. A good example of this would be a soldier losing a limb and still having the feeling of it being attached, known as a phantom limb.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• personally, I believe these energies come mostly from the brain.. which is why you never hear of a ghost tree.. or of smaller animals, like goldfish (because of the size and capability of their brains). Although you can cut off a piece of a leaf, photo graph it (I forget the name of the camera used, but it's mentioned in the book I'm referring to above).. and still see where the piece that was cut off was.. because the energy hasn't had time to disperse.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes I believe that both plants and animals have souls. I believe it is the energy that all things give that is needed for everything to survive. But also, in nature, animals and some plants feed off of other animals and plants. Most plants use the soil which is composed primarily of rotting dead things so technically plants eat dead animals (and people). I believe that coming to the earth ALL things have souls but also have different states of conciousness. I believe coming back as oh say a tree or plant is more of a meditation on a specific lesson and the conciousness is limited to that lesson. Same with animals. But this is my personal beliefs. I can tell you that some of the most famous herbalists (susun weed for example) talk to plants and would tell you they definately have a soul. I also believe that souls in various incarnations have different purposes. In the end we all must kill something to survive.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 1:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• idk about souls but i do know that an animal can have a spirit. if you go back to when the demons were cast out of men and into the bay of pigs (new testement) it shows you that animals can have spirits in them, a spirit needs a body.
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 10:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I do believe that plants (and other things) have souls. In that poll I said being a vegitarian for spiritual reasons wouldn't make sense for me for that reason.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 18, 2009