FOOD STAMPS

IS IT TRUE THAT PEOPLE THAT GET FOOD STAMPS AT THE END THEY HAVE TO PAY IT BACK OR THEIR CHILDREN HAVE TO PAY IT BACK? TRUE OR FALSE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• false
    Anonymous

• It's false. The only way that would be the case is if the state over paid and then you would have to pay it back.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• not true, unless you get kicked off because you committed fraud in some way.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• we all pay it back with our taxes

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You only have to pay it back if you lied to get it in the first place (Fraud..)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• False
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• would they deducted from her taxes?
    Anonymous

• taxpayers pay for food stamps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't think you have to pay them back. As anon 1220 said, the taxpayers pay for it, BUT most of the people on food stamps have jobs, so THEIR taxes are paying for it too.

If you get cash assistance, I believe you have to pay it back. In 2002, I have a severe injury and had to go on welfare for about 1.5 years, until my social security case was figured out. As soon as I won the claim for social security disability, I received a retro payment of $32,000. I was required to repay social services $24,000.

I am thankful that I had welfare to help me until I could get back on my feet.
    Anonymous

• I have a job and I get food stamps so me as a taxpayer am paying it back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2009