How can I get my child to sleep through the night?

My child is 22 mos. old and he does not sleep through the night. He goes to sleep in between 9pm-10pm. Takes a nap around 12pm-2pm. At night he sleeps okay, then all of a sudden wakes up crying, and we get him and put him in our bed, and that's where he sleeps for the rest of the night. We have tried to let him cry it out and nothing works. He doesn't get up to play or drink anything. The minute you hold him or put him in our bed he goes right back to sleep. We're kind of over this right now and I need some advice to help me. Thanks. If I haven't tried something ya'll suggest I will try it....it's been 2 weeks since he's slept through the night.

crystal27b

Asked by crystal27b at 9:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well it sounds like he might be having nightmares or night terrors. Does he have anything to sleep with like a blanket or stuffed animal? I would maybe even leaving a sippy cup of water or something next to his bed. It sounds like a comfort thing.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I agree it does sound like he could be having night terrors
    Patty414

Answer by Patty414 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009