Are enamas (sp?) safe during pregnancy? im 39 weeks and need to poo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think they are. They used to give them to you at the hospital before the baby was born so that you wouldn't poop on the doctor.

Did you try something less drastic first like eating prunes??
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• or if eating prunes too yucky drinking prune joice? If you don't have a rash there from stress of trying to poo when you sit to try, put a little bit of vaseline around your bottom hole, then that area won't get dried out and sore from the stress of trying to poo. Remember don't accidently touch your vajayjay or pee hole after touching your bottom hole. Remember mama it'll soon be over you're almost having your beautiful baby!! Congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

• I had an enema while at the hospital while in labor. I was having a lot of pain and did that ever help me! LOL! Try drinking prune juice though. That helps!
    Anonymous

• Ok this may be unpopular, however coffee is also a diruetic and will help you poo. Have you tried just plain fiber thereapy. Like Metamucil. It shouldn't hurt the baby.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 10:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes. If Metamucil doesn't work or Philip's (which doctors prefer you try first) then you can do a home enema.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Get an enema!!!! I was backed up for four days.... felt horrible.... tried to poo for an hour and just gave myself a hemmaroid (sp?).... I called my doctor, she said to go get a Fleet's Enema. Unfortunately I had to have someone else give it to me, but I was going within 5min and man was it a relief!!!! Sorry if it's TMI!!!! LOLrolling on floor

kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 10:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009