Is 16 months too young for a big girl bed?

I have a 3 yr old girl and a 16 month old girl who are literally 3 inches and 3 lbs different in size. I was thinking of putting them in a full size bed togther with rails on the side and low to the ground. They slept in one in a hotel last week and I was wondering if it was time to put them togther at home. And it would dd out of my bed lol.

CAKE_MOM

Asked by CAKE_MOM at 10:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most people will say its not too young, but I think it is unless you know she won't climb out and mess with things or get hurt.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I say try it out! at least you might get one night of sleep alone!!
    Anonymous

• My son was 11 mths (he was climbing out of his crib and I didn't want him to hurt himself and my daughter was a year. I think it would be fine, as long as you have rails.
    boomerwife01

Answer by boomerwife01 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We switched our first at 13 months and our second at 17 months. We just put up a gate so if they got out of bed they couldn't wander around the house when we were sleeping.
    Anonymous

• I was wondering the same thing. My son can get out of his crib, so I think that at this point it is safer for him in a bigger bed. So I am going for it and I think you should to.
    laneymae90

Answer by laneymae90 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• As long as they can both get in and out of bed safely, and the room is safe if she gets up, I would say try it! I would put the full mattress on the ground for now and forget the frame and box spring, that way if the little one rolls out it won't hurt her. I'm sure they will love it, my sister and I would sleep in each others beds all the time.
    rachel_817

Answer by rachel_817 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009