income tax

I have a part time job. I only make like $11,000 a year. I have two kids as dependentd. I also receive $200 in food stamps a month. I have two Questions. approximately how much will I get back from my income tax and will they take the money out of my income tax for the money they gave me for food stamps? I live in California

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• No they will not take your money for your foodstamps to repay it. You get in california an child tax credit. You should get about 2500 back from your taxes provided you don't owe any money to the state.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 10:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Try this tax refund calculator. Just plug in the numbers and see what your refund could be.

I'm not positive on the food stamps, since CA is a broke state, but USUALLY they don't take the money back unless you've committed fraud.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2009