Quick question about breast pump flanges

I know I need a larger flange but I don't know if I should get the Large, the XL or the XXL.

How do you know what size to get? The only thing I saw was to measure your erect nipple, but I have flat, uncooperative ones.

Someone mentioned cup size?

Is too big just as bad as too small or would I be better off just buying the biggest size they make?

I really need to order these tonight so any input right now is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Didn't know where to put this...hope it's ok in the baby section.

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 10:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It really doesn't have anything to do with the size of your breasts. It's the size of your nipples. Best bet would be to see an LC or contact a LLL leader, because they can measure, to see whats best. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, because you're looking to purchase NOW, but it's a good idea. Sorry I wasn't much help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am a size 38D and had no problem with the regular size ones. I wouldn't go too big, but maybe order one of each size??? I only used one at a time anyways even though there were 2. Hated not having a hand free.
    Anonymous

• Thanks. I'm a 40 F, or I was an F before I got pregnant. No clue what I am now lol. I thought that might have something to do with it but wasn't sure :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I guess my next question should be, does it really make that big of a difference or is it just a comfort thing?
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh and thanks Krysta622 :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I just realized they come in two sets, L and XL and XL and XXL. I went ahead and ordered the first set. Thanks for your help :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009