question about the depo shot for birth control pains

is it normal to have pains in the lower stomach after getting the shot and if it is; is it normal for them to be very intense

SharonHernandez

Asked by SharonHernandez at 10:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• I don't think its normal...it never happened to me. The only pain i had was soreness at the injection site, and an instant headache after the shot. You should call your doctor. Hope all ends well, good luck . :)

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• never happened to me either, just call your doc or look up typical symptoms because there is a wide range
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I never had that. I felt like I had the flu the whole rest of the day after my first shot. Only injection site pain after subsequent shots. Call your doctor to be sure.
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 11:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2009