How do i get rid of razor burn on my legs? please help it's driving me crazy!!!

also my legs are really really white. i dont like to go tanning plus i dont have the money. any ideas on getting fast tans?

TPT420

Asked by TPT420 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Aveeno lotion will help.

The fast tans - use the Jergen's gradual tanning lotion...thing. It makes it look very natural.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• try not to shave everyday. use a shaving gel or cream instead of soap & a good razor for sensitive skin. try the jergens natural glow for alittle hint of color on your legs & layout while your kids swim if you cant afford to lay in a tanning bed.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Shave in the direction that the hair is growing not just up and down your leg. Exfoliate before you shave every single time. Don't shave with soap, use a shaving cream or hair conditioner works fine too. That should eliminate the razor burn. As for tanning I sell Avon and they make a great spray on tan by skin so soft. Go to www.youravon.com/dhullum and under search type in "tan" it will bring them up. They look very natural on. If you'd like to try it use code FSANY on my site for free shipping. Hope that helps :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• IDK about the tan - but shave and then before you get out of the shower rub baby oil into your legs; leave on for a min or two then rinse with warm water; pat dry and you shouldn't have razer burn anymore - GL
    Anonymous

• Not really an answer to your razor burn, because once you have it, you just have to bear with it, I guess for a few days. I've done the same thing when I've shaved my legs dry in a hurry--OUCH!

Someone already mentioned using hair conditioner to shave your legs and I agree; I read that hint from the actress Marilu Henner (may be dating myself; the red headed actress on TV's "Taxi" in the 70's) a long time ago. Every woman has hair conditioner and it works great, is cheaper and makes your legs feel very soft and silky afterwards. That way you don't have to have another darn product cluttering up your shower!
    Ladyhawk04

Answer by Ladyhawk04 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Vaseline will ease the pain of razor burn
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 5:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• AMMENS powder on your legs over night and works for bikini area too.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Once you have razor burn you have to wait it out until it's gone.

Don't shave every day. I can only shave once or twice a week, which sucks because I have dark hair. I use Venus disposable razors. I have been through just about every kind of razor you can imagine. The Venus razors are the best for me (even beating out the guys' razors). I also have an electric shaver for the times in between regular shaving.

I use to use shave creams. I ran out one day and used my conditioner like my grandmother told me and I loved it! Now, I also use my bodywash (St Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter). My legs are the last thing I do so the hot water softens the hair. I lather up with my shower puff and go for it.

Pat your legs dry after the shower, rubbing increases the risk of ingrown hairs. Pick your favorite lotion and moisturize. Remember, don't shave every day! It will irritate the skin, which causes razor burn.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oh, almost forgot. Temporary relief from the razor burn - Gold Bond Ex-Strength Medicated Lotion in the green bottle. You can find it just about anywhere. It IS medicated so it may sting a bit when put on the skin but it relieves my razor burn every time. It also works on dry cracked skin on the feet, too. Perfect for summer. As long as you don't mind smelling a bit like a medicine cabinet for a little while.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009