Flying together?

We are going on vacation and someone said my hubby and I are selfish for flying together. Their reasoning is if our plane crashes our kids will have no parents so we should be on different planes. I have never thought of that. Do people do that and are we selfish because we are not?

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I actually know someone who was like that. So, yeah, some people DO do that, but I think it's a classic case of being overly cautious and pretty much just paranoid. Just another reason I'm afraid by the time I have grandkids they'll have to put on their Nerf suits and helmets just to play on the playground.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• No more selfish than riding in a car together, or crossing the street together.

Answer by Bmat at 10:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• That's goddamn ridiculous.
    No, you are not selfish. According to them, you shouldn't even drive. Just stay in a padded room. What a morbid thought!! Sheesh.

Have fun on your vacation and IGNORE THEM.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Why would that be selfish? I'm assuming you drive together on a daily basis, and if you've ever crossed the street holding hands, you could both be killed then too. Thats one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. Go enjoy your vacation and if you see that person again tell them to never go anywhere with their husband because they might die, and what a horrible parent to die on your child...my goodness people are silly
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• WOW!! people really do find every possible reason to pick apart other people! NO! It is NOT selfish to fly together... wow is all i'm going to say
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• You aren't being selfish, you have more of a chance of getting into a car accident then you do flying. Have fun.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Then I guess you shouldn't do anything together because there's always a chance a metorite could fall from space and crush you both.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2009