Is your life's story already mapped out?

Do you believe God has your life already mapped out when or before you are born including any and all events, obstacles, circumstances etc? Or do you think He makes his plans & decisions as you are living your life?

Please, no bashing here. I'm looking for serious answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if not He needs to hurry. I'm over a half a century old!
    Anonymous

• My belief process:

-Does anything at any time fall out of the control of a sovereign and awesome God? No.
    -Would being able to abide outside of his will and ultimate plan nullify the sovereignty of God over his creation? Yes, it would.
    -Do we still have choices and are responsible for our choices and sins? Yes, we are.

I believe in both Free Will and Predestination. This particular paradox is one of the mysteries of God. Only God know where and how they meet in harmony together. I do not need to know the where and how; but I do believe there is harmony between the two.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think WE decide whats on our lifes lesson list. Im sure all major events are there and I wouldnt be surprised if there were avenues are life will take if we shift in various directions.

Thats about all I really have thought over. I just try to live each day and remember to learn as I go because thats what I feel Im here to do. The rest will sort itself out later on.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think God doesn't map our life out for us. He makes us and gives us his love. But we make our own life by our choices. We can choose one of two path's God's or Satan's. Now sometimes it's obviouse that it's Satan's path *drunkness,drugs,abuse,murder* stuff like that. Soemtimes it's not so smart, like a church that is well meaning but holds only 90% truth and that 10% of falseness. But that 10% is dangerouse. It could be as simple as saying you can work your way into heaven by doing good things in your life, God says that's impossale and will nto get you into heaven. Or, ok there's a church a friend of mine goes to, they believe God already came back and we're just waiting for the hellfire and brimstone. But those 144,000 saved ones wont be touched *there are more then 144,000 being saved please don't freak LOL* But there is even a Mother God tat you can go and visit. Thsi is all straight from the bible too. Dangerouse
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• God knows the end from the beginning, but He doesn't "map out" our lives. He works with the choices we make in life (Romans 8:28). Look at the nation of Israel, God planned for them to take the message of salvation through the Messiah to the entire world. Israel rejected Jesus (God made a daring prophecy about this in Daniel 9:24-27), but God still had a few who chose Him. His Gospel has still gone out into the world. Our choices don't hinder God's plans, but they do determine the part we'll play in them. He has a plan for each of those us who choose Him, if we turn away we lose our part in His Kingdom. (Ezekiel 33:18)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• any of the choices and events in our life that have happened or will happen, God new about it. He knew about tht choice you would make since the beginning of time. but even if the choices or things you have done are not things of God , tht does not mean that those things were part of his plan for you, it means tht he does have a plan foryou and he is waiting for you to live according to his will, then you will be living by the things he has planned for your life, and he does have things planneed for you life
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 9:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I believe the fates mark certain points in our lives. But nothing is set in stone. I think that certain things such as major illness, children or lack there of, finding true love... are all written in our life plan, but that our reactions to those things is up to us. Example, the fates may choose that we have cancer, but how we decide to treat that cancer is up to us. Or they may fate us to meet our soul mate and it's up to us to act. The fates lay out type of cliff note version to life, but it's up to us to write the novel.

If you gave 50 different college students the Cliff Notes to MacBeth and they had to right the play/story using those notes as a guide. You would end up with 50 completely different stories. I think this is how mapping and fate works. Fate is just a guide, free will makes the difference.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think the general idea of what's going to happen in our lives is already mapped out. We just get to decide wether we want to do things the easy way or the hard way. I believe this because everything in my life no matter how horrible, has turned into something wonderful as if it were a perfectly planned movie. Complete with well thought out foreshadowing and lots of those suspenseful scenes that you can only get through because deep down you know the good guy is going to win.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2009