I don't like other people's kids.....do you know why?

I just don't like kids. I love mine, but others are annoying to me. This really sucks because I watch my sister's kids and they drive me freakin nuts!! I like getting paid though so I do it. It's like this, when my baby cries I feel sympathy and want to make him feel better. When my sister's baby cries it's irritating and I just want her to stop. I kind of feel bad that I like my baby better. The 3 yr old... uggh, sometimes I just want to smack his ass and send him to his room. It doesn't help that he is a spoiled brat, most of the time. Then I feel bad about that because he is a pretty good kid other than the whining.

YES I KNOW it sounds horrible, I can't help it. Like I said I do kind of feel bad.
Does anyone know why I'm like that? Or maybe make me feel better if you feel the same???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sorry - idk - maybe its a hormonal thing. im not like that. i always have extra kids over playing & staying the night. but the ones i invite over are very well behaved .
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You need to be honest with your sister, because you are in the wrong line of work watching other peoples kids. It is OK to feel the way you do, not OK to be a caregiver to a child that makes you feel that way.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry to say too, I really don't like my friends kids either.... they drive my crazy!!! I just wouldn't let my child behave that way! Hers are older, but still!!!
    Anonymous

• im the same way so dont feel so bad
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way, and I don't need to hide behind the anon button!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh my gosh! This is freaking hilarious!! I say that only because I feel the EXACT SAME WAY and I feel so guilty about it. I can't really offer any advice because I don't know why I feel the way I do either, I just do. I love my babies, but I don't like other people's kids. They drive me INSANE!
    Anonymous

• I don't hate other people's kids, but I do find myself gettong annoyed with them faster then my own. Like my friends son, I just want to smack the sh*t out of him sometimes he's so annoying, but obviously I don't because its not my kid, Part of my reason is because I see the lack of parenting in other people's situations and I just want to step in and straighten the kid out. I realize though, that many people probably feel that way about me and my kid because everyone parents different and no one is perfect. So although I find my friends son one of the most bratty kid's I know, I'm sure she says something similar about my son, and thats ok because everyone has a right to their feelings and opinions. I would never take my frustrations out on her kid or my own, and thats what matters in the situation.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Im the same way...but ever since I got pregnant I havent reallyu cared for any one elses kids but before pregnancy I loved small children. Its like Im focusing so much on making my baby as helthy as possible Im just not concerned with others.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm the same way. There are very few kids I like, but, yes, I do like mine.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I know where your coming from. When I watched a friends baby she annoyed me a lot for no real obvious reason. I mean my son cried and it didn't bother me but when this baby did I'd get upset. I finally realized though that it wasn't the baby who annoyed me but the parents. Her parents didn't want her so they spent very little time with her and that was what ticked me off. It got to the point we had this baby Mon-Fri 24hrs a day and the grandpa got her for weekends, then suddenly she didn't bother me bc I had her on a schedule and I knew her grandpa was taking good care of her when we didn't have her. You say the boy is spoiled so I'm wondering if you are upset with the at home parenting knowing that what your trying to establish while they are w you goes right out the window and gets undone as soon as they leave so every day is like starting all over?
    Anonymous