Has anyone else experienced a pain like this???? It was REALLY painful!!

So, I had a doctor's appt today. She did a Vag exam, not dilated, pretty soft. I left, had a few contractions on the way home. Jumped online, left with my mom to get her hair done, then right at 4pm as I was getting out of the passenger seat, I got this really bad pain across my belly, right in line with my bellybutton. I didn't think anything about it. We went to get something to eat, and while I was sitting eating, the pain got a little worse. We left the restaurant and went to Walmart and while I was walking around Walmart, the pain got so intense that it felt like I was being torn in two. I called my doctor and was told to go to L&D. I'm monitored for about an hour, the baby's heartbeat was fine, my contractions were mild... then I was asked to stand up and go to a different room to get checked for dilation. When I stood up I almost cried out with pain because of how bad my stomach hurt, only around my bellybutton... Cont.

kayla_trinity

Asked by kayla_trinity at 10:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cont.... My doctor said it was uterine wall pain because it didn't hurt as bad when I am sitting as it does when I'm standing or walking. She said if I'd have ruptured that it would hurt regardless. I was given a shot of Nubaine, monitored for another two hours and sent home. I still hurt REALLY badly, it's almost excrutiating (no exaggeration) to stand from sitting. Has anyone else experienced this and is it just uterine wall pain??? I'm 37wks 5dys today. Thank you, I know we aren't doctors on here, but this pain really scares me, it's unlike anything I've ever felt and worse than any labor pain I've ever experienced!!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 10:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I had something like that when I was around 27 weeks. It lasted for about a week but it could be something different then what you had. Good luck and I hope when the time comes, you have a wonderful birth of you child!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Wow sounds painful.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 12:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• OP here... it's a lot better today than it was yesterday... I've been popping tylenol every four hours!!! It still hurts to stand from a sitting position, but once I'm up I'm okay... But man, was that scary!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 11:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2009