When did you get your labor/postpardum bag for the hospital ready?

I am still WAYYYY too early but I was just wondering because I have heard of people packing a small bag now because they were a high rist pregnancy and went to the hospital alot. I am a high risk pregnancy because of my thyroid and high stress levels and blood pressure. not sure what to do! First time mommy. HELP!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 10:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I packed mine at about 34/35 weeks. My water broke at 38 weeks so it had been packed for awhile. I was at work when my water broke and my parents just grabbed it on their way to the hospital (my husband, baby and I live with them). It made it so easy to have it packed up.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i had mine ready @ about 7 mo.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• relax! just bring stuff you would need for a weekend away. they have diapers and everything else the baby needs. you can always call your relatives and have them pick you up something you forgot.
    Anonymous

• I'm 37 weeks and having a scheduled c section on July 30th and yes he could come early so I went ahead and finally put a bag together yesterday. We only live maybe 10 min from the hospital so if I need anything my husband can always run home for me.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Aww man. I leep gettn bitchd at for not packing mine yet and I'm 39wks! I will do sothis weekend since I am finally on maternity leave. I still hav yet to unpack my baby shower gifts and have the car seat ready. I been to the hospital twice and one for sure on my list is PILLOW and SOCKS!!
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 12:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I packed mine with my first at 38 weeks, she came 3 days later. My twins were high risk and I started having contractions at 25 weeks, so I packed at 28 weeks, we made it to 32.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2009