What to do about a cheating friend?

I have a friend that claims her and her husband have not been together for a while. Well to make a long story short she started seeing a man, and she has asked me not to tell anyone, she has kids and from what I saw a very loving husband. It is making me feel really bad cause she is still living with her husband and they still make appearances together like they are still in a relationship, but as soon as he goes to work or looks after the children she is all about going to mingle with single guys!!!!!!!What should I do? I haven't told anybody at all, because I don't want to cause trouble or poke my nose in where it doesn't belong but I think her husband is getting played without realizing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Stay out of it.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• im going through the same thing i didnt wanna hurt my friend but i didnt wanna hurt him so yesterday after a month of debating i emailed him instead of calling bc i was to scared an told him exactly what she had been doing an who with an what not..but im pretty sure shes going to hate me but i know it was the right thing to do
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Years ago I was in a similar situation. It made me feel really uncomfortable around my friend's husband, and to be honest she wasn't even all that discreet. I don't think you can say anything. I don't care what her reasoning is....cheating isn't okay....but it's her family, and the odds are she will get caught. I found that I really just couldn't socialize with my friend anymore because I felt so strongly about what she was doing, and didn't want to be a party to keeping the secret from her husband. Your friend has very selfishly put you in a bad position as well as hurting her husband and children.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I lost a 30 year old friendship because my one and only dearest friend decided she wanted to cheat and from that cheating a child was made, I was so hurt and angry,the sad thing her DH was away in Iraq,he came home and forgave her,her son is now 6,he knows both Dads, but,why would a woman do this, I just started seeing a different person, I still love her and her kids,but, we just don't socialize anymore. Just don't say anything,he will find out one way or another.
    Anonymous

• You know, it may be worth trying to talk to her, I personally found that I know longer respected my former friend, and that if she had so little respect and loyalty to her husband....and truly to her children as well, then I knew she wouldn't to our friendship either, so I walked away. But, if she is important enough to you....it's always worth trying.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• im going thru the same thing but is my cousin cheatin on her fiance and father of her kids....im tryin to stay out of it but its hard cause he is so sweet to her, but she will get caught soon enough
    Anonymous

• op- yeah my hubby told me to stay away from them but I actually like them as people. I think she needs to tell him or quit cheating.
    Anonymous