Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a single teenage mother and i am on welfare with no job, how can i get my life back on track?

I need help to get my life back on track im a single mother on welfare and im a dropout i relized what if done is really stupid and i wanna be a good mother to my 1 month old daughter so i need help and advice can you help me pleaseeeeeeeee?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (21)
  • by closing your legs

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • ok anon stfu that is uncalled for
    sweety the only way u can get ur life back on rack is getting ur diploma or ged if u could u should let ur parents help ou so u can go to school an have a bby sitter schools often offer different hrs for teen parents

    Answer by momatonly16 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • track not rack sorry

    Answer by momatonly16 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Call the high school you use to attend and ask them about GED tests. In the mean time try to find work if possible. Also, after you get your GED test, look into a few technical colleges and see if there is anything you might be interested in there. Try a program that has a short training time such as CNA. You may not like the job but it will help you get on your feet and provide you a job while you train in something else. There are programs available that pay for half of your child's daycare while you work and go to school. Look into these programs to see if you qualify. Do you have any help from family? If so, then good, because you need all of the support you can get. Good Luck and if you need help finding resources, you can pm me and I will see what I can find.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 11:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • get back in school or get your ged. go to college & get a degree, so you can provide for you & your baby. daycare for your baby will obviously be paid for if your already getting help from the state. apply for grants & loans to pay for college. you can do this - hang in there - your dd needs you :)

    Answer by scooterpooter at 11:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • It's great that you've realized that you need to do something. I'm the child of teen parents. My parents were 17 when I was dad was 16 when my mom got pregnant. My mom was able to graduate, but my dad didn't finish school until I was 6, I was at his high school graduation. You can do anything if you are willing to work at it, and your daughter is the best motivation you could have. Check with your school district, and your community college. There should be programs that will help you get your diploma while taking care of your daughter. Some schools have child care or pre-school available while moms are in school, other's have independent study programs that will allow you to get your diploma on your own schedule. Then think about what you want to do from there. There are many good programs that can help you to get a good job that you will enjoy and that will help you to get a job with good pay and great benefits.

    Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • I'm being very wordy, but check with your community college for certificate programs that won't take too long. You can start looking on line, your community college is usually the most affordable way to go, and they often have scholarships and even child care that can help you. They usually have many classes you can take on line so you won't need too much child care..... You can do whatever you want if you're willing to put in the work. If you need an online "mom" to support you....I'm available.
    My boys are 17, 19 & 26. By the mom now owns 3 very nice homes, and is pretty comfortable!!

    Answer by ohwrite at 11:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • If you're parents (or whomever) are willing to let you stay with them and help support you, I would go back to school. After you get a GED, apply at the local community college and for finacial aid. They have funding out there to help pay for school, and community college is cheap enough that it should cover the cost of your tuition and books.
    If you can't do that, I would try to get a waitressing job (and a GED) until you can go back to school. It probably pays the best for people with no diploma/college education.
    Good luck.

    Answer by honeyb3 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Thank you Ohwrite for your support :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Get over yourself Anon....she's asking for advice and help, not your ignorant self posting ridiculous comments like that. It's totally uncalled for and RUDE. At least she is trying to better herself. And ditto to all the other ladies who have given you great suggestions! Best of luck!

    Answer by sophiafarris at 11:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.