How does ?

I need to find a good and inexpensive attorney for bankruptcy(chpt 7). I need to file for bankruptcy and i have very little money. I live in missouri. legal aide doesnt do bankruptcy. The 2 lawyers we talk to want to charge like 1500-2000 dollars. Any advice or info that could help me ? I dont even know how to find an attorney except to look in the phone book and call them one by one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We just finished filing our bankruptcy and we paid $1400 for it because we didn't have any property. Plus the filing fee and a couple other fees. But it took us over a year to pay that off. From the moment we paid the $100 for a retainer until now we haven't paid a single credit card bill or on any of our other debts we were wanting discharged. We only continued to make our car payment so we could keep our only vehicle. We paid what we could when we could. We first talked to the lawyer in November 2007 and just had our court meeting the other day. In 2 months we will be (nearly) debt free. We only have our car and recent medical bills now.
    We went with Legal Helpers. I would call and ask if they allow a payment plan before filing. Most understand if you are filing bankruptcy then you are probably already bad off and can't afford it. Ours had to wait 3 days to get the retainer fee alone.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009