Have you had to explain......

I am babysitting a baby girl tonight and my 16 year old was changing her and my four year old son looked at her and said "she dont have a monkey where is her monkey, how does she go pee?" (He calls his private his monkey ) His eyes was big as quarters and he went over to inspect it so I tried to explain that girls are different than boys but he just looked at me wierd and asked "why?" It was funny just seeing the look on his face. Have any of you had to explain this to your little guys or girls?

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 11:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My little guys have always known that boys and girls are different. I don't prance around the house naked, but I don't hide from them either. They are constantly following me into the bathroom, or walking in the bedroom while I'm changing and such. They know that boys have a penis and testicles, and girls have a vagina.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son knows boys and girls are different, he hasn't quite asked but he has noticed.. So he is no longer allowed to be around when my friend changes her little girl and he doesn't go to the bathroom with me.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Like the above posters, my son has grown up knowing that boys and girls are different and have different genitals. I'm they type that believes in answering questions about the body truthfully and generally with more information than desired - but better learn it as part of life growing up than having the body as some kind of mystery to be taught "when they're ready" - which is when, exactly?
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Well, uh, considering that only one of my children hasn't been around during the diaper changes of the others, YEAH!
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• yes, its so awkward trying to do so.
    but my little girl understands and she's about to be 3.
    she knows that boys and girls are different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Read my journal about my daughter's discovery called, "What's That Daddy?"

squish

Answer by squish at 2:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• OMG I read the journal I bet he was just soooo embarrassed!! I just thought it was funny the look on my sons face when he saw that the baby didnt have a "monkey" and he went to inspect.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 2:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• my children have grown up knowing the dif but the general explanation (when little) was girls have an inside pipi and boys have an outside pipi.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• He was so embarrassed! It was really funny!
    squish

Answer by squish at 6:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2009