Do you run your own business? If so....

Is it a home-based business, or do you work from another location?
What do you sell and/or what service do you provide?
Why did you decide to start your own business?
Has the experience been profitable/enjoyable?

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am glad you two ladies found something that works for you, but I actually wanted to know how many women on here run a business that they fully own and operate. You know, something that they started from the ground up all by themselves (or with a spouse or friend I guess). As a few examples:
    You opened your bookstore;
    You have your own real estate office;
    You sew children's clothing and sell it on an online store.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I just started a business with Iggly Biggly a flip flop sandal company. I decided to go ahead a try it because number one it was only $20 to get into and no other fees, plus it looked like a really fun business and hey everyone wears flipflops! It actually has been really great so far I already have my two referrals and am helping them get their two signups. It's growing quit quickly without much effort at all. You can check it out at www.igglybigglybiz-13.weebly.com
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I am technically a "business owner". I'm an indepent contractor with kgb, they're kind of like cha cha where you answer text message questions. I LOOOOOVE it! I'm still fairly new so I'm not answering a ton of questions yet but I hope to work a lot over the next couple weeks so I can bring in an extra few hundred dollars a month. I'm also a Jafra rep, I sell skin care products. It's been pretty profitable - I have an extra resource that isn't available to most. My mom runs a salon out of her basement so I can sell and promote my products for free there. I make 50% commission so it's good times.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Is it a home-based business, or do you work from another location? I have my own home business with Ameriplan!!!

What do you sell and/or what service do you provide? We help people save on their healthcare cost with Discount health plans. We also help others be able to work from home as training specialist!!

Why did you decide to start your own business? I wanted to work from home and be with my daughter. The business pays much better than finding an online job. I saw that in the long run I could build something really great for me and my family!!!

Has the experience been profitable/enjoyable? Oh I love it. Not only the income but the learning experience has taught me so much already. And everytime I help someone either save or make money it really does make you feel great inside.(I know that sounds corny but it really is true).

I reccomend it to anyone who is willing!!! www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• oh LOL sorry. You must have posted that while I was typing my answer, sorry. My parents own a gymnastics gym. And it takes a lot of work. You have to know going in to anything that you are going to have ups and downs and that you are going to have to BUILD it. Nothing is an overnight success!!!
    Good Luck and God Bless!!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2009