What does labor feel like?

And what does braxton hicks feel like? I have dont think I have had it before but I just wanted to know what it feels like so I know when it happens. Best way to describe it?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Braxton Hicks feel like your stomach muscles are cramping as if you have run and gotten a stitch in your side, but all over. Labor? Hehehehehehehe, trust me you'll KNOW when real labor hits!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I've never had BH but labor feels like strong menstrual cramps

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• braxton hicks just feel like your tummy tightening, ur tummy goes hard and they are not very painful. Regular contractions are ver sharp and sudden, u may also feel them in ur lower back.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• BH contractions feel like a tightening all over your belly. Early labor feels like sharper menstrual cramps. Middle labor, for me, felt like a ball of pain moving through my pelvis (but not unbearable pain, just enough to know I was really in labor). Late labor, I couldn't tell you what it feels like physically because you go to a whole different place. I don't remember the last half of my labor very well at all. It's like you transcend time and space and neither has any meaning. There is only you and the work you have to do to get your baby to you. It's an incredible feeling, and I wouldn't trade it for all the drugs in the world!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've been having bh for a couple months now and unlike what one of the pp said mine are very painful to where a couple times they have put me in tears. I haven't started labor yet but my bh suck.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• very very painfull menstural crapms and a really hard tummie but just remember the pain will go away and the best way to have ur baby for u and the baby is med free.....i did with both my boys not drugs first baby came in 6 hours second baby came in 16 hours doc gave me pit...... " i think he wasnt ready" i was barley 36 weeks ......pit is the devils brother but i stuck it out didnt get any pain meds no thank you...lol
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2009