How much money do you get if you give your baby up for adoption?

I am pregnant and just read someones post. She said its around 65k to adopt, and I could use the money. So I just wanted to know if you get to keep the money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Adoption

• It is interesting that you can sell your eggs or yourself as a surrogate but not once the baby is born, not that I would be in favor of that, I just never thought about it.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• No, that is selling the baby. The fees go to the adoption agency. It is interesting that you can sell your eggs though....
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• So your going to sell it. like on the black market!? Wow. mature decisions!
    Anonymous

• so the agency gets paid for simply geting you to sign some papers , thats crazy
    Anonymous

• you cannot sell a child sorry hun....i think i'm sorry, not sure why though! The thought that you would willingly sell your kid is very disturbing.
    Anonymous

• The fees go to legal expenses and things like that, sometimes you can have medical expenses paid if you do a private adoption....but it is illegal to sell a baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Well its for finding the birth parent and all the legal work that goes along with it. I think you can be paid for expenses while you are pregnant, but no you will not get a check in exchange for your baby. If you want to sell some part of you, go donate some blood or plasma or donate an egg when you are not pregnant.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• well to be honest, i kind of knew this would get the dice rolling. Im not pregnant :D and I wouldnt sell my baby either. But I could see some people doing this. Isnt there a move out there where a guy takes his daughter and sells her?
    Anonymous

• you know what the crazier part is, you can have someones stuff put in you and be a serrogate mother and be paid for it. The only difference is, is that the baby isnt yours
    Anonymous

• put it on craigslist! or ebay!
    Anonymous