Water craving

Last night I suddenly started craving water. All I've wanted all day is water..It's weird because I HATE water but now I can't get enough of it.
Now, my question is, is it true that a sudden craving of water is a sign of diabetes? Or is it just another craving? I'm going to call my doctor and ask her but I wanted to see if anybody knew. I can't remember where I heard that it was a sign of GD.
I had my diabetes check at 26 weeks and they haven't said anything about it so I'm guessing it came back normal. I'm 29 weeks now.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure if it's a sign of diabetes or not. I would call the doc. In the beginning of my pregnancy I craved water too, but after I drank it, I'd throw up - LOL. The baby just couldn't make up her mind what she wanted - hehe.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• better then craving beer, i mean water is the best for your body. and your baby too
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• could be your body telling you that you're dehydrated. as far as I recall one of the signs of diabetes is being super thirsty.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• During my first trimester I was thirsty all the time. no diabetes or anything just trying to make up the fluids my body was constantly burning through
    sweetheart72650

Answer by sweetheart72650 at 6:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2009