Do you have truely good friends?

I dont, my BFF nevere calls, and always puts her boyfriend of the month first. None of my friends showed up for my DD's first birthday and neither did any of SO's friends, it iritates me because I would never to that to any of them at their special times. Or even when they just needed to talk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I am blessed with some good friends. My husband, of course. Another friend who lives in another state but we roomed together in college and were in each other's weddings and email back and forth several times a day. An older lady who is also a dear.

I am very sorry about your daughter's birthday, that must have been extremely hurtful.

It happens when people are interested in a new guy that they forget their good friends. This is sad, too. You are a good person to be so caring, at least you are setting a good example for those inconsiderate people. Keep making friends, you'll find some people who are as nice as you are.

Answer by Bmat at 12:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If one thing I've learned in life it's that friends come and go. I do not have one good friend (girl) that I could totally count on 100%, and that's sad. However, I do have my husband and he is my BFF, and I'm OK with that, because in the end, it's just going to be him and I anyway, so why not become best friends now =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I can say that I am blessed with some very good friends-- especially my best friend Susi. We have been friends since 4th grade.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't. I've had bf and have been there for them but when I've been through hell these past few months. She's too busy. I know everyone has their own problems but crap, I was taught to be there for your friends. I sure won't make the mistake again when "she needs me because her boyfriend is acting stupid". I totally understand your loneliness and sorry about no one coming to your baby's 1's birthday.
    PaulaAnnDom

Answer by PaulaAnnDom at 12:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• not really...I have friends, but not a bff like when I was younger..we all went down different paths. Now I would absolutely consider my hubby and my boys my bestfriends. My four year old tells me everyday I'm his bestfriend..makes my day..lol =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• NOPE! Had some, three very close ones for 7 years. The worst part about it, is not really sure why just from one day to the next, we weren't friends anymore. I convice myself that they really weren't my friends if they are not with me now. I have my soulmate (husband) and my hero (mother).
    zassymama2

Answer by zassymama2 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have two really really good friends that I tell everything. I used to have 3, but found one was a manipulative user...I trust no one but the other 2 and have a hard time letting anyone in. I do have girls Im friends with but not that I share everything with. My DH is my best friend. Especially when you have kids and they don't you can really tell who is there for you and who isn't
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• TRUE FRIENDS are those who make time for you do not expect people to be true unless they have proven to be there for you through the thick and thin
    I personally can not trust many
    but understand that they have their lives to live they may have just been extremely busy maybe you should voice your feelings to them and say hey i know your life is hectic but could we hang out once in a while
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 18, 2009