Some fun activities to do with a 5 year old?

Starting monday I will be watching a 5 year old boy with my 6 month old son. What would be some good activities to do that will keep the 5 year old entertained yet not to hard with a 6 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Library, mall, if they have a play area, the park, a walk (baby in stroller - and if he's not too rambunctious he can be on his bike), board games, the zoo - if it's not too hot, inside stuff - make cookies, plan ice cream sundae bar, (or a fruit parfait /salad bar for healthier stuff), play dough, painting, read books together (you have to be SURE to do sound effects and different voices - find some good books that will accomodate that - hint, ones with lots of !!!!!) Nature walk, the forward/rewind game [good grief, I brought this one upon myself - you each take turns being the person who gets to be "played", "fast forwarded" , "rewound" or put in "slow mo" while the other calls the appropriate commands (overexaggerated movements and talking required to get the most out of this one), ], anything that involves shooting toy guys or ramming cars into other things
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Thank you! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• waterpark
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2009