feedings

when can u start giving rice cereal mixed in with there fomrual, and what are the mesurements, for 4 oz of formula to how much rice cereal..and when do they start eating baby food?!

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 12:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dont put the cereal in the bottle. It's a choking hazard. You can give it to him for breakfast around 4 months.

Baby food doesnt start until about 6 months or later.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I gave my babies about a tablespoon or two of cereal mixed with Breast Milk or Formula mixed to a soupy consistency and spoonfed them probably around age 4-6 months. I did this before bed at night followed with a nursing session or a bottle.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 12:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Lots of people disagree with putting cereal into a bottle, but we have done it with all of our kids. And I am prepared for people to bash this response, but thats ok. We start doing it around 6 weeks but just at night so that the baby will sleep longer. Not much, 1 or 2 tsp in a 4oz bottle. It has to still be thin enough to go through the nipple. U may need to move up the nipple size if you start this early because the hole in slow flow nipples, which most newborn ones are, are really small.
    Doing this is one of the only ways I got both of my kids to sleep long enough to keep mine and my husbands sanity :)
    white_mocha

Answer by white_mocha at 1:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Cereal in the bottle only on doc's orders. Some moms find it makes them sleep...more find it makes them NOT sleep even worse.

For a fomrula baby...four months before he gets anything but formula. Brestfed...six months.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• my daughter has had oatmeal in her bottles since like 3 weeks old because she has reflux and she has been eating baby food since about a month old. the doctors said its fine. i use 1st foods.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2009