Breast Pain: feels like a needle in my nipple

Ok we as women have breasts, shocker right? Just kidding. Ok more seriously. My right breast has been sore. The pain is in the nipple. I have a 29 month old daughter, that I did try to nurse for at least the first 6 months after she was born. I couldn't produce like I should and gave up. Anyway, my question is, if anyone's had the feeling of someone poking a needle in their nipple before? I have looked all over the nipple, looking for slivers etc. I don't see any. I also don't see a pimple. I do kind of see one spot that's irritated. I've tried scrapping across with my thumb nail, and looked at it close.

Now tonight it feels warm to the touch on the outside. It's warm here, so not sure, and other breast feels warmish too. I know that sometimes ever since my daughter was born, if my breasts are stimulated a bit of milk or white like milk comes out.

babygoose78

Asked by babygoose78 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Health

• cont. Could this be like mastitis or clogged milk duct or something? I would think things would have "dried up" by now?

Thanks all for helping, I would just go to the clinic but am due for a full check up and my insurance is in limbo.

Just asking for ideas. Please don't just reply see a doctor. Thanks. I also posted in a group.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2009