what is the best way to get a 2 yar old girl to use the potty?

what is a good way to get my daughter to use the potty on her own?

pregomomnj

Asked by pregomomnj at 3:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had a potty right in the front room, that moved to the kitchen, that moved to the bedroom. If we were going to be in that area for a while, it was moving. It then ended up outside the bathroom, then across from the BIG POTTY. I, because I'm usually at home alone with my kids, have usually had an open-door policy, and whatever kids see their parents doing they usually want to do as well. There is a little dvd out there from that Bear in the Big Blue House that's called Potty Time with Bear. My kids played that a lot, and that definitely sparked an increase in potty use. I also had a friend who's child would only go pee, couldn't go number two in the potty, so they created a little game, sink the cheerio. She would put cheerios in the toilet, then the child had to "sink them." Sounds crazy, but it worked for them! Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 3:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• WELL I HAVE TWIN BOYS AND POTTY TRAINING IS A TASK! BUT THE BABY ON THE TOILET AT THE SAME TIME EVERYDAY SOONER OR LATER THEY WILL GET THE DRIFT MY BOY ROB EVERY MORNING I PUT HIM ON THE TOILET HE PUTS HIS SEAT ON THE TOILET ALL BY HIMSELF! YOU HAVE TO GET THERE BODIES USED TO CERTAIN TIMES EVERY MORNING HE GOES NUMBER 2 FOR MAMMA! EVERY CHILD IS DIFFERENT YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP ON IT! IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME FOR THEM TO DO IT BY THEMSELVES JUST KEEP ON YOUR LITTLE ONE HE DO IT WHEN HE GET'S READY BY HIMSELF THAT IS!
    JAYNE950

Answer by JAYNE950 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I also forgot to add to take her to the store and have her pick out her own new underwear. It helps because they don't want to get their pretty new underwear dirty!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 3:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Wow, another thing I just remembered. I used to take my kids to the potty every two hours, and they had to sit there for at least 5-10 minutes. It got them used to it. Okay, I think I'm done now.
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 3:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008