sleeping help

my dd is 14 months old. and it seems like for the last week or so she will not go to sleep. i put her in there and she screams and screams and the my mom(i live with her) will get her up and give her a bottle and hold her til she falls asleep. what can i do to help her sleep on her own again

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she is scared of being alone for some reason. I would probably (although my husband say otherwise) put a mattress on the floor in my room next to my bed, and let her sleep there. Then I would move it into her room slowly. Or just put her in the pack and play and see if she will sleep in it in your room if she isn't alone. You could let her "cry it out" but I don't think I could do that unless I was sure she was just pitching a fit.
    rachel_817

Answer by rachel_817 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• we share a room since i live with my mom and it seems like she does this when im home. she used to sleep so well be herself and now she wont sleep anymore without screaming
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well, I'd go check out THE NO CRY SLEEP SOLUTION and read through it (you don't have to read the whole book, just the parts you need) and try out a few things until you find what works. Consistency is key: so things need to be the same every night.
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 1:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2009