how can u tell if diabities makes your mood change

hi my name is norma im married a mother of three children im 38 years old but i just wanted some advice or help here if enybody can help or like i said give me some advice my husbund is diabetic was taking meds but he just stop taking them just stuberness but enyways i heard that people with diabities have shanging moods will i love my husbund so much but sometimes i dont know wat to do enymore he could be fine like laughting happy you know talking to me and minutes later or hours later hes pist of bothered by who knows wat im like wat the hell he gets real snapy at enything if u have eny answers for me i would like to know thanks

nsanchez52000

Asked by nsanchez52000 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe he's depressed because he's diabetic and is lashing out at you. when people are depressed they can be angry like that and have ups and downs. maybe he should talk to his doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My husband is diabetic and suffers from diabetic neuropathy. He will sometimes be fine but mostly he is depressed, scared ect. It took us a year plus to get on a regime that will keep his sugar down, but I know he is scared. The average life span for a diabetic isn't terribly long, and the facts are he probably won't live past 50. He is turning 40 next year. The diabetic gets to look foward to renal failure becouse of all the medications he is on, possible limb loss due to bad circulation, ect. It is scary. Your husband is probably depressed becouse of the changes in his body. Have him see his Dr. If he lets his Blood sugar levels rise unchecked, he will develop neuropathy lik my DH. Maggie
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 1:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• send him to the doctor
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 2:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Is your husband overweight?I think that would cause him to feel depressed and angry and that he has diabeties is all the more frustrating.You really have to take care of yourself and do nice things for yourself,like take daily walks to ease your stress and take hot baths,occasionally splurge on a nice outfit or calming music or some dessert you enjoy.Read books about inspirational quotes like chicken soup for the soul and keep sharing your feelings on here because you need all the support you can get.When you feel good about yourself and you have support,these other negative things won't bother you as much.When he says,mean things or get's angry for no reason,you know the reason,he's miserable and he's taking it out on you and that is when you need to take a brisk walk or listen to calming music because getting mad back doesn't work it makes it worst.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm diabetic and I know that the blood sugar ups and downs REALLY affect my moods. If he's diabetic and is NOT taking his meds, odds are his sugars are HIGH and he feels physically rotten, mentally confused and irritable. Diabetes is not a disease to be stubborn with ... if it's controlled, people can live LONG lives. My mom has had it since she was a child & is going to be 64 in a few months; both of my grandpas had it, one lived to 83, the other to 91. My mom has had problems with her eyes but no other complications & neither grandfather had any complications because they controlled it with diet and meds, mom with insulin.
    Tell him that if he doesn't get back on the meds & work to get control of it then you will end up having him admitted to a hospital when he goes into a diabetic coma. At that point the doctor will not give him a choice; he WILL be forced to have his diabetes under control b4 he leaves the hospital.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2009