• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone have or known anyone with a bicornuate uterus?

A bicornuate uterus is a heart shaped uterus

MackiesMom07

Asked by MackiesMom07 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I do. Is there something you needed to know about them??
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Did she have complications during the pregnancy? I'm really scared that something will go wrong.
    MackiesMom07

Answer by MackiesMom07 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well, I'm the one with the split...it's only partial, but it does raise a red flag to be extra careful. I am only at 25weeks, but I can let you know what I know so far... I was put on bed rest for the majority of my first trimester, & was told around 34weeks or so I will probably be put back on it. There is a slight increase in early labor, so they said to be extra careful about straining & whatnot as you get closer to the 3rd trimester (no lifting over 10lbs, no iffy exercises - stick to brisk walking & swimming, etc). Most of the problems happen in the beginning or in the end. In the beginning there is a higher chance of miscarriage, hence the bed rest til about 12weeks. Later it comes down to delivery, but with extra monitoring you should be able to carry full term without complications. Just be sure to check in with your doctor about do's & dont's... GOOD LUCK MAMA!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Thank you SO much that makes me feel better
    MackiesMom07

Answer by MackiesMom07 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2009