Breastfeed and sex

If I have sex four that make my milk supply go up? I been pumping for 3 months now. I get a good amount of milk out but it would be nice to make more.

Asked by MissKellee at 1:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never heard of a link between sex and milk supply. I think the more you breastfeed or pump the more it feels that the milk is in need and will supply more.. but you may just be tapped out.

Answer by EmmysMom85 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Are you asking if sex increases supply? No, it doesn't. That's silly. The best way to increase supply is by exclusively feeding at the breast on demand. Use warm compresses while pumping. Nurse on one side while pumping the other. Take fenugreek and drink mother's tea.

Answer by jus1jess at 1:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yes, Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek (herbs) will help you make more milk. You can buy teas of both of those at many health food stores, and probably online too.

I don't think sex will make a difference one way or another, unless you can't get your milk to let down or something, as it can help with that...

But milk is made by supply and demand. As your baby weans, you will dry up because the baby is drinking less. I would suggest pumping more than you need and storing excess in the freezer. You can even donate it to someone who can't make milk.

And drink tons of water and eat really great, of course!

Answer by BirdMommyC at 3:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• sex isnt linked to milk supply. just supply and demand. good luck in pumping for more.

Answer by Bebe510 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• drink half a beer it makes ur milk come in like aunt had to do it her milk stop coming in at 3 months

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2009