Do you volenteer on a regular basis?

I volenteer 2 weeks a year at my church and a sister church to teach VBS! It just makes me feel awsome teaching children about Jesus! What do/have you volenteered for?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like to volunteer every year at this church that has a huge v.b.s. like 2,000 or more kids come to it.I don't have the nerve to teach,I like to just help where ever I'm needed or I make up places to help out.Like last year was my daughter'sd first time she was in kindergarten and she was having trouble keeping up with her group so I watched over her and helped other kids putting necklaces together at craft time and gave breaks to the teachers,they really appreciated that.I think the teachers have a hard job keeping up with all their group kids and they don't get any breaks it seems.I admire you for doing it,I think you have to have alot of charisma and energy,even if you don't I admire you that you do it and thankyou because without you there wouldn't be any Bible school!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I volunteer at my Son's school twice a week and also volunteer in our nursery for Sunday service at our church.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I volunteered every single day of my sons Kindergarten year. But then I got a job at the school and sucked into the PTA. I have been on the PTA Board for the past 4 years. I am amazed at how we always have the same people volunteering and when we ask parents to help on the board (because we can't hold the same title more then 2 years) they just shrug and say, uh-well, I'm really busy, yeah right. Yet when your kid has a field trip with the money PTA raised then you are all up there on the chaperone list! GRRRRR!!!! I wish we had more volunteers!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I volunteered in Girl Scouts and religious education classes. I let others volunteer at school and soccer, etc. You can't do it all. I took last year , and so far this year off. I needed a break w/my kids schedules. I have medical issues w/one of my kids this year.

I remember a friend saying as women we have different seasons in our lives. Sometimes we need to be close to home. Other times we can concentrate more on the community.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 3:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2009