Obama is pushing college for adults but Arnold is trying to take it all away!

Obama is wanting people to educate themselves.. Which is a good thing. Higher pay, more knowledge!.... but for those of us in California its not so easy. Im a psychiatric technician. I went to college for this and got a license to work in my occupation. Not just anyone can do my job. I was trained to do it. Like every other state worker my pay was cut, but now Arnold has announced he wants to get rid of Psych techs all together! WTF??? Who is going to run the facilities and take care of the clients? I dont see the government offering to lower their pay. This has already forced me to lose my house, but to get my job taken away all together after going to school for it and everything!!! Ive been a Psych tech for over 11 years. All I can say is arnold needs to be taken out of office right away. Are any of you facing anything similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• collee = more dept
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• That is very harsh. I wonder what he plans to do with the clients? I hope for the state that they don't get rid of those people.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• why go to college there are no freaken jobs out there I went to college got my degree and guess what only 1 person out of my class has a job in the field the rest of us are stuck paying our student loans.
    And that's just crazy he want's to get rid of your job what the heck is this world coming to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• It's not Arnolds fault. He has to balance the budget and cuts have to be made. The state cannot expect the rest of us who don't live there to pay for your many years of Californians living way beyond their means. I lived there for 4 years and never in my life saw a more ineffective system of government. You have more laws on the books than people and costs money. You have less personal freedoms than most states agains costs money. You are so regulated and taxed it is oppressive and difficult to get ahead. We made over 100k and could not even save and we lived as cheaply as we could. Don't blame Arnold he tried to get things in place a couple years ago. The people in the state voted it all down. You all will have to live with your stupid choices. You keep Pelosi in office how smart can the citizens of Cali be?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm sorry your job got cut. But he has to balance the books and I respect that.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Medical services are usually in demand. Possibly another state is hiring. I know w/RN's they pay a sign on bonus as well. Also w/RN's they have a traveling agency. I have known people who accept short term jobs and are paid very well. If this is possible in your field, you could check out an area you may want to move to.

I also agree w/Sylvia. Govt workers don't necessarily make so much. My sisters mortgage in California is just slightly less that my husband's monthly take home pay. Personally, I have been frustrated that govt workers (probably all workers) salary has remained the same the past 4 yrs while gas and groceries have increased so much. It is hard enough to feel kids good food as it is.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 3:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Move. There are 49 other states, you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Arnold always seems to be fucking things up for you guys...I'd move if I were you...easier than getting that creep out of office...
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 8:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• California suffers from too many entitlement programs. That is what the libs in ocngress want for the rest of the country.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I agree with above.

What jobs??!!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2009