3rd part of my religion question about different religions?

What are the moral expectations for member of your religion?
What does your god, gods ext. expect from you?
How can you get into heaven?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I missed parts 1 and 2 apparently....I'll have to see if they're still open.

I'm a Satanist (the atheistic kind);
    What are the moral expectations for member of your religion? find your own morals through your own common sense. Don't harm anyone unless they harm you first...then it is your call to weigh the consequences.
    What does your god, gods ext. expect from you? I don't believe in a literal Satan or any god.
    How can you get into heaven? there is no heaven, when you die, you rot in the ground.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Christianity believes in Holiness and so to be morally acceptable to God one should not have sex before marriage.But I did and God still loves me and He's still working with me but his ultimate goal is to make me hate sin and to be holy.Let me say I had sex,before I knew anything really about the Bible but still it was sin and I willfully participated and then I willfully repented and got out of it.God expects me to live a holy clean selfless life,this is possible by praying to Jesus Christ and God daily.God gives me the power and motivation to want to live a clean life.Once I stop praying I loose this power.Heaven is a free gift from God as long as we put our trust and faith in Him and that means you really have to live for him.Christianity has been the best thing that has happened to me because it's a real personal relationship with Jesus Christ himself that is so special.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:14 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• To get to heaven, you must believe in the Lord, your God w/all your heart, mind and soul. Catholics believe in good works. Other religions state you can't get to heaven w/good works, but we believe is you truly believe in God how can you not do good works. Jesus left us with 2 commandments. Love your God, and love your neighbor as yourself. If you follow these your moral character is without reproach.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 3:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I am a christian I belong to the Seventh Day Adventist church :)

What are the moral expectations for member of your religion? Follwoing the 10 commandments ALL of them. Also we follow the food laws, we eat kosher :) Most of the SDA's are vegetarian and might tell you you HAVE to be vegetarian to get to heaven, of course this is not true. Ummm don't have sex with family members. Only have sex in marriage. No wearing of Jewellery, and modestly dress yourself. This includes flashy patterns. Not saying you can't have nice and pattnerned clothes lol just don't try to be a peacock and neon light :P Pay tithe, you can mark on the tithe envelope for what you want it to go for. IF the church budget is hurting they will tell you the tithe today is for church budget. Nothing hidden here. No drinking of alchohol. Don't cuss, not very christian like behavior. No piercings or tattoos. And of course LOVE. Love your neighbors/enemys/all.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What does your god, gods ext. expect from you? I guess for us to live happy healthy lives. To believe in him and his son Jesus Christ who came down to earth and died on the cross so that we may enter heaven and inherit the new earth. To have a relationship with him, to be able to come to him JUST as we are. No matter how flawed or how far away we are he is always right there behind us just waiting for us to turn around and acknowledge him. I would say God wants us to be good people. To not harm ourselves or other's. To love, agian God wants us to love everyone. Enemy's, friends, strangers. If we see a hungry person feed them. If you see a cold person, give them the coat off of your back. Help out people when they need it. Not only money, or maybe food or even your hard labor. But with prayer, prayer is the greatest gift we can ever give I do believe right alongside with love. God also like when we forgive. :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• How can you get into heaven? Faith in Jesus Christ God's son who came to earth to die for us so that we may have everlasting life. Glory be to God in the highest and I thank him everyday for the gift his son Jesus gave on the cross that day! AMEN!!!!!!!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What are the moral expectations for member of your religion? As a Christian, I'm expected to follow the Holy Written Word of God, the Bible. It has everything I ever need to know about life,how to live, how to treat others. The answer to any question I could ever have is there.

What does your god, gods ext. expect from you? God wants me to live as an example of Him. To show others His love through my life, help advance the kingdom of God daily,and treat others as I would want to be treated.

How can you get into heaven? John 14:6 Jesus said "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH,and THE LIFE. NO ONE comes to the Father,except through Me". The only way is by confessing one is a sinner, is incapable of saving their self, acknowledging that Jesus is the Son of God, and asking for forgiveness,and accepting Jesus as their personal Savior. Then, living their life glorifying God.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• As a pagan I don't believe in Heaven. But generally the "moral expectations" are summed up in 8 words... "An Ye Harm None, Do What Thou Will" As long as your actions cause no harm, there is no worry, you are free to do what you want. And My Gods & Goddesses don't EXPECT anything from me. I have a relationship with them. They are my family, my mother, father, aunt & uncles, my friends and at times my "work buddies" if you will. They don't expect me to bend to meet their standards, just to be true to myself.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:35 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What are the moral expectations for member of your religion? There are none. "Harm none" is specifically a tenet of Wicca, & many Neopagans consider it a guideline, but there is no authority to set it up as an expectation. A number of Neopagans explicitly reject it, as we feel we are justified in harming those who are trying to harm us. Most do accept that the energy you put out will come back to you (many believe it will be amplified) so that encourages them to create positive energy.

What does your god, gods ext. expect from you? In my personal beliefs the gods can't expect anything from me. In some Neopagan traditions the gods expect recognition & offerings, but again it is far from being across the board. I do believe that gods are made more powerful by attention.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• How can you get into heaven? No "heaven", as such in Neopaganism. The closest thing is what is sometimes called the Summerlands, which is a temporary stop & is available to all who are not immediately reincarnated. Not all traditions hold this belief either & some percieve the afterlife quite differently than those influenced by the Neo-Celtic belief mentioned above.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2009