is it wrong to have sex while kids are awake..

is any age okay... but a certain age it becomes wrong. my son is two and we will do it with a movie on in another room.. but if he was five i think i might feel weird abt it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• mine is almost 4 and we do it in the other room while he is watching a movie, hey when you got the urge you got the urge
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Actually, I think the older they get.....the easier it is...as long as they can't hear you. They don't need that constant supervision, and are less likely to get in trouble if you're out of the room for a little while when they're older.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• my kids tween and teens and one preschooler and I dont do it when they are awake because I dont want them to hear us Our bedroom is by the living room so its not a good idea
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 2:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• as long as they cant hear you i dont think it should ever matter, no matter how old!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't like to do it when the kids are awake, I'm always afraid they are going to hear us.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong. I will say that it was a little icky to realize when I was a teenager what was going on every Sunday afternoon when my parents disappeared behind their locked bedroom door but probably no more so than my husband who heard his parents at night when they thought everyone was asleep. No kid wants to think about their parents having sex, but it's a fact of life. As long as you're not getting busy in front of the kids, you're fine.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong as long as the kids are safe, and you know they'll be safe the whole time. I wouldn't leave an infant crawling around the living room, for example, but if you know that your 2 yr old or 4 yr old will sit and watch a movie and the house is childproofed, go for it. As they get older, I think it would probably be easier, b/c they will be even more able to take care of themselves for a little while. I don't know that I'd do it all the time, though. Maybe just like once a week or something.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• As long as the kids are safe and don't know what you are doing, who cares.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We do. If we wait til everyone is in bed asleep, we're too tired. Just keep it quiet. It's a perfectly natural thing. There is no reason to feel weird about it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think it is wrong for a variety of reasons.

for children under 5 really it's not safe to leave them unintended for any amount of time.

and idk it's just plain wrong to leave your older children to have sex, what if they walk in? Heck kids are kids it's never ok to leave them unsupervised for your pleasure.
    Anonymous