4th part to my religious study..

What do you believe is the biggest difference between religions?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, all religions are based on the same ideal, Do No Harm. The biggest difference between them is how they interpret this ideal. While some see it as do not harm other PEOPLE, and some see it to mean do not harm NATURE & those in it, and some see it as do not harm FELLOW BELIEVERS... The other HUGE difference is how each religion sees their followers. Some see them as a a v ery small group of rigidly dissaplined people and include NO outsiders, while others are more liberal in their acceptance. And the third main difference is the teachings they hold about the after life. Heaven, The Elysian Fields, Reincarnation, Valhalla - and how you get to each of these places. Some believe through deed, others believe it's automatic and then there are other teachings such as only a chosen few go.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I feel the biggest difference is that not all religions accept Jesus Christ as God and our Savior.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 3:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What do you believe is the biggest difference between religions? Depends on the religion you are referring to. I know most pagans believe in god's and goddesses and in earth forms of worship. ALso they believe in fairies and spirits of the dead coming back to help or hurt us. Some relgions still believein animal sacrifice. I am sure out in the rurals there are still religions that follow human sacrifice as well. Some believe in celebacy, such as some catholics who go that road. Some believe we can work our way into heaven and some don't. Some don't believe in heaven or hell. Ok I am rambling sorry lol. Ummmm I would have to agree with moneymagnetmom. Not all religions accpt Jesus, God the Father or God the Holy Ghost. But when you are talking of christian sects it gets a bit deeper.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• The majority or christians in this day and age believe in the rapture. They have several different ways of proving this that are both biblical and non biblical. Also most christians nowadays go to church on Sunday as they believe it is the new sabbath or the Lord's Day, some go on Sunday cause thats the most common day that churches are open and they don't believe in any one day. Also there are the feast days, what you can and can't eat/wear/do etc.... I am a Seventh Day Adventist like I stated in your other post. We believe that Sabbath is Saturday the seventh day like the 10 commandments say. We believe in the food laws of the bible. We believe tha he feast days are no longer neceassary. We believe we are to be saved by our faith in Jesus and the grace of God. Also we don't believe in the rapture. We believe we will have to be here when the time of trouble begins, and we are prepared, praise be to God! Want more info? pm me.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm not sure if you mean denominations, or actual religious beliefs, so I'll try to answer both ways. In denominations, I guess the main difference is the way each chooses to worship and glorify God,and interpret the Bible, to fit their specific beliefs. I have belonged to Southern Baptist, Church of Christ, Non-Denominational, and Assembly of God. I'm not going to list any good or bad in any of them,because,basically,they all believe the same, just each has different ways and traditions of doing things. I love the Assembly of God church. I love how they aren't afraid to praise God,lift their hands, shout to the Lord. But,I'm not dissing any of the other faiths, because each is it's own. As to different religious beliefs, I really can't speak to that, since I've never had any interest in studying anything else. Once I found God, I knew I had the best, I had no interest in the rest.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• The biggest differences are ritual, how things are done. The biggest philosohpical differences are details about the gods; are there any, how many & what they expect from humans.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

•  

"What do you believe is the biggest difference between religions?" The biggest differences in religion, are who you worship. Many Gods/esses, one God, or none at all. Most that follow many are more accepting and open to other religion, and religious values. Most that follow one, refuse to accept any other being besides their God. Most with non.. don't share any religious beliefs at all. monotheists seem to be the one religion that actually have books about religious laws they have to follow to reap a reward in the after life. Polytheists, don't really deal in this because most believe in reincarnation, where you will learn from your mistakes before passing on to a greater place. Everything else is a bunch of minor things..

your best bet for this is to try 

http://www.religioustolerance.org/

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• The difference between religions is "motivation." Most religions teach morality, self-discepline and working towards a "greater end" (i.e. Heaven). The difference between religions is the motivation of why we're following those religions. For some, it's to have a better afterlife. For some, they feel the need to worship and feel called into whatever religion they're in. For some, they honor and respect nature and seek to give back.

The difference between Christian Denominations is church politics. The major messages of the Bible are: Love, Grace, Salvation and Forgiveness. It's when people place too much importance on other aspects of the Bible that are non-vital to these major themes (i.e. Baptism, Iconism, Role of Women, Communion)as "if you don't do X or X THIS way, you're not pleasing God" that the body of Christ divides. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• That being said, I do not find denominationalism to be a sin. I believe that there are earnest, learned men and women in all denominations that believe what they believe because they feel lead by the Holy Spirit and are truthfully trying to worship God best based on their interpretations of scripture and personal calling/convictions. I believe regardless of the "rightness" of your denominational choices (i.e. infant baptism vs. beliver's baptism or transubstantiation vs. "real presence" ect.) that those of us who arrive at our conclusions with a heart truly wanting to serve God STILL please him. I am no less of a servant before God because I was sprinkled as an infant than someone who was immersed as an adult. All who believe are his body. We are one vine, many branches.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Oops, I forgot to add FAITH to my list of major Biblical themes up there lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2009