What do you think about sex selection of your child?

My husband and I have three girls now and we would like more but we prefer them to be boys for two reasons. First of all I have a blood clotting condition that only affects any girls we have (I really wouldn't put this on my worst enemy because I have PE after two of the deliveries as a result of it). The second reason is to balance our family. We both come from big families with three girls and three boys. Please only answer with honesty and without personal attacks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i personally would, mainly for your first reason. but i know alot of people say well what happens is Gods paln, but he also gave us free will, and if you want to have a boy i would say go for it. if anyone else who posts wants to bash me go right ahead, this is just my opinion, and just remember i dont bash yours. but if you and your hubby sit down and reall talk about it, and want to do it, then do it. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I personally wouldnt do it, probably because I only have 1 child right now and dont know what nature will give me in the future. But I do have an uncle who has 7 boys as a result of trying for a girl. If he wanted to do this I would more than support him. And this is YOUR decision, if you want boys then have boys.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If there were more accurate & extensive study done on it, I'd be more for it...but I totally understand where you're coming from too. My husband & I only want 2 kids, three at the very most (but way down the line). We also want a girl very badly, which was a slight disappointment when we found out we're having a boy (dont get me wrong, i am very excited expecting our lil man!!). If it were an actual option for us, I would try the second time for the girl & if we got another boy...our third attempt would be chosen. It is ultimately your decision with your husband.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• When I was younger, I wanted to have a girl first, so I read the book "how to choose the sex of your child". I am pretty sure one of the authors was Dr. Shettles maybe Sheppard. There were 2 authors. It was great full of practical info. It increases your chances from 50% to 85%. Of course, the book stresses only to use it, if you will be happy w/either sex. To conceive a boy, you need to have intercourse at ovulation-rear entry is the best. The reason is boy sperm swim faster then girl sperm. If you have intercourse a day or two before ovulation, all the boy sperm are dead and the girl sperm are hanging around waiting for the egg to be released. Also acid and alkaline conditions are important. I just can't remember which favors boy sperm. The book shows you how to time ovulation, and how to create the most favorable condition to facilitate boy sperm.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 2:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Personally I would (and will) adopt in that situation. I've never heard positive things about gender selection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• well, personally I would not, I consider that kind of thing like the mark of the beast-I no this sounds silly, and maybe it is, but I guess its just a fear of mine. With that said, my sisters, sister-in-law paid A LOT of money to do a gender selection for there fourth, the really wanted a boy. 61/2 months later ( it was EXTREAMLY preemie)  they were blessed with yet another girl! its a lot of money, and can not be guaranteed- and No, they did NOT get there money back-

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2009